SUMMARIZED FACT SHEET
|Frequented , Popular Parks
Yala - Udawalawe - Wilpattu
|Less Frequented , Exclusive Locations
Bundala - Galoya - Kumana - Minneriya - Wasgamuwa
MAHOORA EXPLORER at above locations is preferred by guests who are looking for satisfying comfort with nature at less frequented parks. These tents are mostly pitched inside the park or at a similar environment. The tent (16’x10.8’) is equipped with a bedroom and an en-suite bathroom along with a private veranda/porch outside the tent.
Your stay in a Mahoora Tented Safari Camp is completely carbon neutral.
Children of all ages are welcome at Mahoora.
- A tent (16’x10.8’) with accommodation, an en-suite bathroom, and a private veranda/porch
- Tented accommodation with raised beds with freshly laundered bed linens and a bedside table along with basic amenities
- Fully-sealed tent with ventilation nets
- Equipped with a shoe rack and two foldable arm chairs
- One rechargeable table top fan is provided in the bedroom
- A rechargeable lantern is provided for illumination
- The veranda/porch includes two chairs and a coffee table
- En-suite flushable toilet with pipe-borne water, wash basin, and shower area
- Toiletries on complimentary basis
- All entry permits, park fees, and Government taxes for the entire stay.
- A shared Jeep with front-faced comfortable elevated seats is provided for maximized game viewing and photography opportunities.
- A naturalist is provided for each Jeep.
- Complimentary picnic basket for the safari with chilled beverages and snacks for the safari break will be provided.
- Two game drives per each night stay will be provided.
- (The morning safari starts from the camp at 5.30 a.m. till 10.00 a.m. The park gate opens at 6.00 a.m. The afternoon safari starts from the camp at 2.30 p.m. till 6.00 p.m.)
- An option to do a full-day safari is available for guests staying more than a night.
- For pre-requested wildlife photographers, we provide monopods, bean bags etc. during the safari.
- Unlimited water will be provided.
Food & Beverage Service
- Pre-dinner drinks around the campfire and wine (by the glass) during dinner.
- For breakfast, continental and Sri Lankan dishes including fresh juices are available.
- Freshly prepared Sri Lankan lunch at the camp
- Five course dinner menu with signature dishes including a BBQ around the campfire.
- Unlimited tea/coffee, fresh fruits, snacks, juices, soft drinks, and water will be provided.
Safari Attire & Necessities
- Attire of earthly coloured garments are recommended during the safari.
- Please carry sunscreen, insect repellent creams etc.
- Please note that Sri Lanka’s weather is affected by many factors like depressions in the Indian Ocean. The weather can change suddenly.
- Value Additions – 2 nights or more
- Night walks and walks along the borderlands, depending on the locations.
- Special dinner settings in the camp are arranged. Each meal will be given at a carefully selected location with a unique illuminated setting.
- Snacks are provided at the lounge/common area.
- Emergency phones are provided per tent (on signal availability).
- Laptop and digital camera charging facilities at the campsite back-end.
- We do not provide swimming pool facilities.
- No air-condoning facility available.
- Phone signal availability – subject to the area and the service provider